ELECTRIAL PROBLEMS

Dodge Other

My interior lights, radio, buzzer, and rear view mirrors will not work. I have checked fuses as well as relays. Thanks
Cumminsguy

Need make model year and type of engine.
Does the car run good?

Mikeybdman
Sorry bout that, guess it would be handy lol. Its a 1996 dodge ram with the cummins engine. It has run great, the problem happend when I was wiring in a police scanner to the fuse block, I saw a small spark on a small cylindrical piece of aluminum which has small copper wire inside. I found out it was a relay of some sort and have replaced it. After replacing it, everything still does not work.

Cumminsguy
I hate to be a stickler for details, but I need to pull up the correct wiring diagram. I am looking at dodge trucks. I see 1500's 2500's 4x2/s 4x4's then I see 3.9L magnum's 5.2L 5.9L it just goes on and on. So be as specific as you can.

Mikeybdman
Its ok, I appreciate the quick reply. Its a 1996 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4, long wheel base, with a 5.9l diesel thanks

Cumminsguy
Ok, I would look at the Fuse 1 50a fuse in the Power distribution Center. I believe that is under the hood and the only 50a fuse. That is the only thing I can find that ties in all the systrems you describe. If the fuse is good, then check and see if that wire got damaged.

Mikeybdman
I have a question too. My car does the same thing no radio no rear view mirrors or interior dome light. I have a 98 dodge neon r/t dohc 5speed. Can you give me any help too?

98r/t_2007
After literally tearing the fuse box apart and spending and hour with an ohm meter I found out that was a 15 amp fuse in the fuse box labeled I.O.D, this fuse also was inside a wierd plastic thing that pulls out as a unit. Hope this helps

Cumminsguy