VALVE COVER RECALL

1990 Dodge Omni

1990 Dodge Omni 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 46615 miles

i live in illinois. I am buying this car used. Need to know best place to get odometer fixed, and I saw there was a recall on the valve cover but cannot fing how long recall is good for, and where to find free instructions to put on timing belt sainced car is 18 years old. Yes mileage is correct speedometer has just broken. Have documentaion records of repairs to vehicle one owner.
Mestarr

Hi: If the valve cover hasn't been repaired under the recall, a Dodge dealership should still honor it. Also, I can get you a schematic of the timing belt routing. However, with only 40K on the car, does it need it? As far as the speedo, before you pay someone to do it, can you check under the dash to make sure the cable is plugged into the speedo itself? If it is, you could most likely replace it yourself. It's not that hard if you have any mechanical ability.

Let me know if I can help.