CAR STALLS

1983 Dodge Omni

1983 Dodge Omni 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

Service Writer wrote:
If it is carbureted, there is usually a filter that is in the carb. Remove the fuel supply line to it, and it should be right there.
ty for your help. I changed spark plugs and cleaned up distributor and fuel filter is fine. The car still stalls. Seems to work good when first started but when I run it for a while it quits then restarts after a couple minutes. Is there an electronic spark control box on it? Or any other suggestions? Once when it quit I poured a little gas down the carburetor but that did not help it still didnt fire, only after letting it cool down it started again. Now I changed coil and left gas cap loose. Its an electrical problem I think
Canandaguy

Next time it stalls out immediately do a spark test by disconnecting a plug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine and have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark if not check the coil, distributor pick up, spark control module in front of battery and spark control computer

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_spark_control_computer_1.jpg

I took the car to the local mechanic and the coil power doesnt flash when turning it over, today was a hot day and the car is really bad today stalling. He feels it is the spark control computer as you suggested. If you have any other ideas please post them ty also I searched your part store I didnt see any spark control module or spark control computer in the listing. Might the spark control module have a different name?

Canandaguy
Can't remember what the actual name for it-they are mounted on the air cleaner housing and also a little silver square box on the firewall/fender. Its job is to switch the primary open and close to create the secondary voltages to fire the plugs -ignition control module.

Ty for the great help very much apreciated

Canandaguy