DODGE NITRO ALL WHEEL DRIVE PROBLEM

2007 Dodge Nitro

Air Conditioning problem
2007 Dodge Nitro 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 48000. Miles

AIR BLOWS OUT BUT WHEN WE ARE AT A STOP AIR IS WARM AND WHEN GOING ON THE ROAD AIR IS COOL. PLEASE ADVICE (ONLY WOMEN AT HOME AT ON A BUDGET)
G.ARASALLIE@YAHOO.COM

Have you had the system recharged?

I SORRY YOUR ASKING (BLONDE MOMENT) WHAT DO U MEAN RECHARGED. (FREEON) PLEASE EXPLAIN.

No such thing as a " Blond moment.&Quot; Basically, freon is a gas. It is pressurized in the AC system and it is what creates the cold air. If it is low on freon, the AC may not get very cold, it can cause the AC compressor to shut down if it is below a certain pressure.

If the compressor isn't engaging, the freon isn't cycled through the system.

Let me know if you have other questions. And if you're a doctor, I have pleanty for you, and I assure you I will have many questions because I won't understand. (LOL)

Sorry, my hair is black and I had a " blond moment.&Quot; Recharging: Basically, new freon is added to the system to bring it to the manufacturer's recommend pressure. It is added through the " low pressure" port on the system. You can actually do it yourself. You can purchase Freon in cans at the parts store. However, if you have never done it before, please have them point out which valve is the low pressure port for recharging. If by accident you place it on the high pressure side, it could cause the steel can to explode.

NO NOT A DOCTOR, BUT A PHARMACY TECH AND NO I ALSO NOT A REAL BLONDE (HA HA). THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE AND NOW WHEN I TAKE NITRO IN TO SHOP I CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING TO BE REPAIRED AND NOT FEEL LIKE I'M BEING TAKEN FOR A RIDE. PS ASK QUESTIONS AWAY

My doctor has me on so many drugs, I wouldn't even know where to start. Regardless, if you have any questions in the future, let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Take care,