CAMSHAFT POSITTION AND KNOCK SENSORS

2005 Dodge Neon

Noises problem
2003 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 50000 miles

Last night while drivng my wifes neon the check engine light came on and it starting knocking. I parked the car and today I pulled the codes and it came up as P0340 the camshaft position sensor and P0325 the knock sensor. Does anybody have any ideas of what is wrong with the car I am not real famliar with the knock sensor. The only thing that I can think of at this time and I have not checked it yet is that maybe it jumped time
Equipmentfixer

It didn't jump time, but the PCM has no idea where the time is due to your camshaft sensor not working. It is located at the end of the cylinder head, close to S130.

Th knock sensor is located at the left side of the engine bloc, in front of the starter.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/55316_neonknock_1.jpg

Zackman
I pulled the rocker arm rack out and found that the camshaft has broken in two. The car still started up and ran without a miss, it just knocked. Are the head bolts one time use or can I reuse them

Equipmentfixer
I would get new bolts. They are one time use only.

Zackman