CAR WON'T START BATTERY AND ALTERNATOR ARE

2003 Dodge Neon

2003 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80,000 miles

I have had my car for two years. I have replaced the transmission, battery, and alternator. I went to start my car the other day and it would not start. Luckily my dad, all he did was open up my gas tank door, unscrew the gas cap and my car started up with out a problem. So now when I have to drive my car, which Is everyday because its my only car, I have to undo my gas cap. When I turn my car off no matter if its for 3 seconds, it will not start with out me unscrewing my ass cap again. What is wrong with my car? Please help, Im in the middle of a divorce and money is extremely tight.
Anotherbrkendream

Replace your Gas Cap. It is no venting and is creating a vacuum inside the tank and once the vacuum reaches a certain amount it will stop gas flow.

.

Obxautomedic
So, that will get my car to start, with out a problem now if I replace the gas cap? How expsensive on average are they?

Anotherbrkendream
Yes, if all you have to do is open the gas cap and you vehicle will start. An average cost is about $8.

If by chance it does not fix the problem it very well could be your Fuel Pump.

.

Obxautomedic
I wanted to thank you for your help. I went out and bought a new gas cap, I waited until I got home in case for some reason I couldn't get my car to start. As soon as I got home and replaced my gas cap, I went to start my car and it had no problems starting up what so ever. So, thank you for all your help!

Anotherbrkendream