PLEASE HELP ON IDLE ISSUES!!!!THANK'S

2000 Dodge Neon

2000 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 148000 miles

hello and thank you in advance for looking through this. I have a 2000 neon I just bought for my son and I replace the timing belt, water pump, alt. Belt, powesteering belt, upper and lower engine mount, trans fluid and filter and did a full tune-up. My problem is that the car runs really good, engine sound really great and shift fine. When I come to a stop, the idle goes down a little and the whole car vibrates, when that happens I put in neutral and put it back in drive. The vibration stop. I cleaned the throttle body really good and clean the iac valve but no luck. It's not throwing any code. I know I did the timing right. I check for a vaccum leak only found one but that did no solve the problem. I do a lot of side job on cars and this really is giving me a head ache. Im thinking of replacing the iac valve but don't know if that will help. Any reply or help please.
Tsog29

Just bought a iac valve and did not have any luck at all. So im still trying to find the problem for now. Wish me luck.

Tsog29
My Neon does the same thing as you discribed. Change the Power Steering Switch. It controls the idle.

Valentine37012
Hi my 2003 neon is doing the same thing. It drives great but when at a stop it will idle rough? I put it in neutral and it stops, it doesnt die or anything like that but just very annoying. I have changed the upper and lower motor mounts spark plugs and wires. If you find out what the problem is please let me know.

Thanks Ken

Doinitmyself