DASH BOARD

2000 Dodge Neon

My neon has 55000 miles on it. It always runs fine but when it is hot outside the dash board sometimes does not work. The speedometer and tachometer, temp gauge stay at the bottom. The engine, airbag, and another red circle light stay on. The car runs fine but I can't tell how fast i'm going. While i'm driving the dash will shift from working fine to not at all. I think something must be loose but I do not know where to look.
Ryan Turley

Remove the gauge/dash assy and clean the plig in connections with a fine pencil eraser.. It should work fine. A typical neon problem. Good luck

Losone
I pulled the assembly out and cleaned connections but I am still having the same problem and other ideas.

Ryan Turley
Well, it was worth a try. As an off chance, find the gauge fuse and replace it even if it looks good. Look at the prongs and see if they are corroded.

The only next step is to replace the cluster from a salvage yard. It shouldn't cost more than $50.00. Good luck

Losone