ODB CODES P1684 AND P0171

2000 Dodge Neon

2000 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 229135 miles

My check engine light just came on about a hour ago. I turn the key on and off twice. And these two numbers came up on the dashboard.

P1684 and P0171

Can anybody help by telling me with the two numbers mean for I don't have the book to show what these numbers mean.

Thank you
Oneofdadisturbed

Have no P1684 application for your car as for the P0171 that is a lean condition.

Docfixit
The P1684 code simply means that the battery has been disconneted within the last 50 starts.

P0171 lean condition

* Low fuel pressure due to a weak pump or leaky fuel pressure regulator. (Use a fuel pressure gauge to check fuel pressure at idle)

* Dirty fuel injectors. (Try cleaning the injectors)

* Vacuum leaks at the intake manifold, vacuum hose connections or throttle body. (Use a vacuum gauge to check for low intake vacuum)

* Leaky EGR valve. (Check operation of EGR valve)

* Leaky PCV Valve or hose. (Check valve and hose connections)

* Dirty or defective Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF). (Try cleaning the MAF sensor wires or filament with aerosol electronics cleaner. Do NOT use anything else to clean the sensor, and do not touch the sensor wires)