ENGINE TROUBLE AFTER REPLACING TIMING BELT

1999 Dodge Neon

1999 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 104000 miles

It is a DOHC engine.

The car was running good. Had routine maintenance of timing belt and water pump by an ASE certified mechanic about 5 days ago. Now the car runs very rough. Check engine light is ON. Hesitate to start. Shut down after start. The problem happened on the next day after the change. I took it back. Was told that there was a vacum leak and vacum tube has been replaced. Drove about 5 miles and it started driving rough again and check engine light is now permanaenly on. I am not driving the car now. Appreciate any less expensive advice. Email me @zaman65@yahoo. Com thank you
Zaman65

Have codes pulled, your local AutoZone will do it for free.

Post codes here in forum

Obxautomedic

Post codes here in forum[/quote: 9ccf99c433]

Thanks. Last time there was no code. This time the Service engine light is permanently ON and hope we will get a code. The car is with the mechanic now. I asked about synchronization of timing. According to mechanic it is OK. I checked the timing belt. It is not loose rather it looks tight to me. Again, according to mechanic it is normal. The car drove fine about 6 miles to the mechanic with service engine light. The car idle very rough after start up and if I do not give extra gas it shut down in about 10 second. Again everything was fine before replacing the timing belt. I will upfate you the final result. Thank you again.

Zaman65