P0134

1998 Dodge Neon

1998 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

hi,
It all started with my engine overheating, I was long way from home so I drove it anyway stopping on the way or turnig the heater on to pull the temprature down. When I got back the codes were for both the o2 sensors, the mechanic replaced the thermostat, after about 100 miles the check engine light came back on with P0134, so I replaced the upstream O2 sensor, since then the check engine light started coming on with the same code after every 5-6 miles, but then it goes off after a few miles, Also the car was losing power in the morning after going a few miles, the mechanic suggested that it was the CAT, I got that replaced too, now the power is back, however the check engine light comes on every 5-6 miles & then goes off by itself, each time the code is P0134, please help.
Pranksm26

Upstream Oxygen sensor B1S1

A code P0134 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: Bad O2 (oxygen) sensor
Bad heater circuit in the O2 sensor
Wiring or connector to the sensor frayed / broken
Blown heater circuit fuse
Holes in the exhaust system
PCM failure
Possible SolutionsThe most common fix is to replace the oxygen sensor. But that doesn't rule out the possibility of: Rusted exhaust pipe
Inspect wiring & connector(s) for problems
Excessive amperage blowing heater fuse (still requires replacement of sensor but also replacement of blown fuse)
Replace PCM (only as last resort after all other possibilities are covered.