CV JOINT OR WHEEL BEARINGS?

1995 Dodge Neon

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1995 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 124000 miles

The car has a grinding noise in the right front. I removed the half shaft, and the inner joint seems fine, but the outer joint doesn't move quite as freely, but it doesn't seem to bind either. Also, the wheel hub doesn't seem to spin quite as freely as it should, but I don't have anything to compare it too, as the car sits now.
The car also sometimes does not want to turn right at low speeds, but there is no resistance turning left.
Wheel bearings, half shaft, or something else?
Thank you for all your help.
JBingham

Hi JBingham,

Thank you for the donation.

If it is the CV joints, it would produce a crocking noise when accelerating and turning.
If it is the wheel bearing, therte would be a growling noise while coasting and the noise would get louder with increase in road speed.

When does the grinding noise occur?
1. While making slight turns? If yes, check the backing plate to see if it is too near the rotor. Insufficient clearance would result in the plat coming in contact with the rotor while making turns.
2. During braking only? Then you need to check the brake caliper slider bolts, brake pads (quality).