IGNITION SWITCH PROBLEM.

Dodge Magnum

I recently Purchased a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT, I purchased it used, I am currently just fixing minor things from the previous owner, I noticed spliced wires underneath the Drivers side dash, Looks as if an alarm was installed at some point in time. Seeing the cut wires I decided to remove the poorly taped on wires and fix all the connections between the factory wires, I removed the Plug that connects to the keyed ignition switch, I soldered and heat shrinked all the connections and plugged it back in. Now The car will not start, I can hear a relay in the back of the car clicking but it wont turn over at all, also after about 1 minute with the key in the on position the radio, gauges and the chime quit. I remove the key and insert it about a minute later everything works only for everything to shut back down one minute after putting the key in the on position.
Bareaudio

Is the security light flashing when the key is in the ignition?Also how many keys do you have?And is there still an aftermarket alarm module in the vehicle if so is it still hooked up

jim

CHEVYII
I do not believe that the security light is flashing, I only have one key, The key has the remote control on it for the power locks. It looks to me like the previous owner had an alarm hooked up, because there were remnants of spliced wires hooked up in the turn signal switch wiring as well as the horn, lock wiring, brake switch wiring. It is a mess.

Bareaudio
If all wires are hooked back up correctly you may have to have the key reprogrammed, try this first, put the key in and turn it to run or ten seconds then off, do this twice and try and start it, if this doesnt work it is either the key, transponder or all may need to be programmed

jim

CHEVYII