QUESTIONING THE MECHANIC

2005 Dodge Magnum

Air Conditioning problem
2005 Dodge Magnum V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 38,450 miles

Sorry for the subject title, but I am questioning the Dodge Sv.C Advisor. Took my car in with what appeared to be an A/C problem. During a 3 hr. Trip (all hwy.), Temp. Inside became quite cool, this car has dual temp. Controls. I turned up the driver side, few mins. Later the entire vehicle temp. Turned warm, turned temp. Down, and was not getting any air blowing from the vents. Arrived at destination, car was parked for two days. Returned to it A/C was working fine. Proceeded to return home, this time the trip was 6 hrs, made it 4 of the 6 hrs, and the engine light came on, and the A/C fan quit blowing, condensor seemed to still be working as there was cool smoke blowing thru the vents, but no hard flow as it had been blowing. I am getting from the Dodge rep. That this is the EGR valve? How does this valve have any connection with the A/c not working? Your help is most appreciated!
Lisa1212

Do you know what the code was or is in computer if shop did not check go to autozone and have them check it knowing the code whould help a great deal to my knowlage the egr valve has nothing to do with the a/c. I would like to know what the code was to help you more this is what makes your a/c work.

A/C Pressure Sensor- Damaged or faulty A/C pressure sensor or A/C pressure sensor circuit.

A/C Clutch Coil- Damaged or faulty air conditioning clutch coil (fails to energize and engage air conditioning clutch).

A/C Clutch- Air conditioning compressor clutch not engaging.

A/C Compressor w/o Clutch- Refrigerant in system is low, contaminated, or restricted.

A/C Compressor w/Clutch- Damaged or faulty a/c compressor and/or clutch, low oil level.

A/C Condenser- Refrigerant in system is low due to leaking air conditioning condenser.

A/C Expansion Valve- Damaged or restricted air conditioning expansion valve or capillary tube.

A/C Accumulator- Damaged, clogged, or restricted A/C accumulator/receiver drier.

Jnovack