CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2005 Dodge Magnum

2005 Dodge Magnum 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 80800 miles

vehicle just past 80k warranty on the catalytic converter. Vehicle has 8080 miles and check engine light came on, auto zone check says pblm w/ c. Converter trouble shooting code P0430. Took to dealer, diagnosis invoice says : found bank 2 catalytic converter failure. Ran emission efficiency test and catalytic converter failed. Re. Catalytic converter and 021 sensors.

they also noticed transmission fluid dip stick missing, so replaced it w/a oil filler cap. A previous mechanic noticed also hose was disconnected and some screws not properly tightened which he connected and reset chk eng light to go off and said if light retn in a few days or week it was not that gas cap improperly on-night before I fill up tank of gas. Could the hose that was disconnected or loose crews along w/dip stick for transmission missing (all of which was located under hood on right side up front-can't remember name of part the unhooked hose goes to)have caused any of this? Some one said the mileage too low for catalytic converter pblms. What do you think?
Kitty kat

Ok to answer you question it could. Now it with the oil cap missing that is what I would suspect could help cause a cat to go bad as it could make the engine run leaner then normal. Now also it depends on how you drive it too. If you do all intown short trips then that will cause a cat to go bad early too. So if you do mostly intown driving then get it out on the highway once in a while and get it up to speed and full operating temp. Hope this helps.

Racefan966