MISFIRE ONLY IN CYLINDER 6 DUE TO NO SP

2002 Dodge Intrepid

2002 Dodge Intrepid 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 77000 miles

Hi,

I did change water pump and the timing chain and some volves on my car. No it starts and run fine with exception to cylinder 6. Cylinder 6 has no spark. I did check for volts to the coil positive and it is 16+ when the car running. I checked for continuity between the coil and the pcm pin, and it is there. The coil is in good working condition. I tested the asd relay by insterting test light in coil 6 positive and turned the key on the light came on for about 3 seconds and it turned of. Now I am assuming that
1. I have enough voltages supplied to the coil
2. The coil resistance is acceptable, It is good tested working coil
3. I have continuity from the coil negative to the pcm pin.
4. The harnes that clips into the coil has no problem.
5. The asd is functioning as it shoul.

Given all the above, have I missed something is there any other test needs to be done. And if not where could the problem be?

Thank you
Shashalako

Ok, here is one other test.

Swap out that cylinders coil for another cylinder and see if the no spark follows. If so replace coil.

This is the quick test for Coil Overs and a no spark on one cylinder.

One other thing have you checked Compression on that cylinder?

.

Obxautomedic
Yes I sawped the coils, and that is how I know that I have a good working coil. Compression test also is fine, the misfire is because I have no spark.
Tnanks

Shashalako
Ok, so it is most likely in the wiring, so is the engine the 2.7 or 3.5. I will post the wire diagrams for you to trace there are a couple splices that could be the problem.

.

Obxautomedic
The engine is the 2.7.

Shashalako
Here is the wiring diagram and the location of the S109 Splice.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/188069_02intrepidinjectwiring_1.jpg

S109 Splice

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/188069_02intreps109_1.jpg

I will email them to you for better veiwing.

.

Obxautomedic