SMOKE, SMELL, CAR JUMPING, WONT START??

2000 Dodge Intrepid

Smells problem
2000 Dodge Intrepid 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

I have a 2000 dodge intrepid.I was driving down a country road and hit two bumps that I did not know was in the road, immediately after white smoke started coming from my hood with a burning rubber smell. I stopped and got out to see, but I was only about a fourth mile away from the nearest town so I drove the there. While I was driving the car seemed to jump a little & my battery light came on. I turned my car off and let the smoke go out. The next day I went and my car would not start at all, none of my power windows or door locks would work. The engine wouldnt even slightly rev up at all. Nothing when I turned the key. Could you tell me what might be wrong?
Indiana0421

Hi: It sounds like the serp belt was broken or something froze due to getting hit causing a pulley to freeze and burn up the belt. Thus, the alt wasn't able to charge the battery which I'm sure caused the no start condition. I just hope you didn't over heat the engine.

Let me know if this sounds right to you. If so, I help you diagnose the problem.

Merry Christmas,

I ended up taking to the shop. And this is about exactly what happened! I just was wondering, so I could get a rough estimate for myself on prices. Thank you so much.I really really appreciate it! I hope you enjoy your holidays. Have a Merry CHristmas and Happy New Year : )

Indiana0421
Hi: Listen, I can't give you an est, but when the shop tells you want is wrong, I can work one up for you so you feel more comfortable with what they say. Also, I'll let you know if what they tell you makes sense. It's not a problem. I enjoy doing this.

Same to you, Merry Christmas.