RADIATOR FAN FUSES BLOWING

1994 Dodge Intrepid

1994 Dodge Intrepid 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 200000 miles

I have a 94 Dodge Intrepid ES thats constantly blowing the radiator fan fuses. It has now started blowing the Engine controller fusable links as well and a few others. We've taken the car to the dealer who said it was a short and they fixed it. Few months later, we're back to square one again. I'm stumped on it and the only other thing I can think is that its the power distribution center causing it. Any thoughts on this?
Rotusz

Has anyone checked the fan motors to make sure they are not bad and drawing too many amps?

Yes. We have replaced the fans and motors as well as the coolant temp senso. THe cars parked and not able tomove now due to a smokeing issue on the passenger side of the engine that i'll have to find the cause of.

Rotusz
When does it smoke? Is it when the engine is hot, when you turn the key on? That could be the short that is causing fuse to blow. Does the smoke have an electrical smell?

No the smoke doesnt' have an electrical smell. Its comming from somewhere underneath the plugs. It just recently started smoking but was blowing the fuses long before this. We replaced the whole thing of th eradiator fans including the RFI module as it was all one unit. The car is running rich now when it smokes and it starts to smoke about 5 to 6 minutes after starting up. So its as its warming up.

Rotusz
Based on what you said, it sounds like the valve cover is leaking oil on to the exhaust manifold. Have you checked that?