HUB BEARING

1993 Dodge Dynasty

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1993 Dodge Dynasty 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 137900 miles

I HAVE BEEN TOLD I NEED A NEW HUB BEARING IN MY RIGHT FRONT WHEEL.
DO I NEED TO REPLACE IT IMMEDIATELY OR CAN I DRIVE ON IT A LITTLE LONGER?
Dyspnea

You shoudl before you cause further damage. Wheel will wear improperly and if it wears enough the wheel could fall off of the car. Take it will take a while to get like that but it is a possiblity.

Blackop555
Pardon me for jumping in here, but what is the symptom? If it's wobbly, then yes, tire wear will result, but the wheel can't fall off. The hub is held together by the outer cv joint which can't fit through the spindle to allow it to come off. I did see one on a Shadow that was so bad, the tire was tipped way in on top. That kid had three years of waning before it got that bad, and when we showed him how far his wheel could shift position, he still wasn't convinced.

Most commonly you will hear a buzzing noise like an airplane engine. That alone is merely irritating. The bearing is already beyond hope, but it can last like that for many thousands of miles. It's your ears that can't take it. I agree with the other guys that it should be replaced, but don't panic and miss the kid's soccer game. These bearings take a long time to go bad and they will last a while longer before they get wobbly.