DAZED AND CONFUSED

1991 Dodge Dynasty

Engine Cooling problem
1991 Dodge Dynasty 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 158000 miles

My car won't stop overheating! I replaced the thermostat first, then cheked (bought new) the relay, main fuse, fuseable link (none present) onlt after then relizing that the duell shroud cooling fan wasn't coming on. New relay and a noticed blown fuse was replaced after replacment of one of the elec. Fan motors. The fan came on only to blow a fuse again! I then traced ALL of the wiring conected in or around the system for wear or any signs of arcing or accesive heat-- NONE! Now I'm stuck at this. When I turn over the key (not motor), When the fuel pump is acctivated, the fan moves up to 1/2" and then just stops! It's not seized up and the fan can deffinatly spin freely? Somebody help me! -
Joshua161616

Run a wire from the fan to inside your car on the dash somewhere and put a toggle switch on it for now get one that lights up and when you see the temp guage go near half way then push togglethe sensor to activate the fan doesnt work but this is a temporary fix so you wont damage engine by overheating and warp head.

Westguy
Its not properly grounded so run a seperate ground wire even if the present one looks good bad or faulty grounds cause instant failure especialy in fans

Westguy