CGECK GAUGES LIGHT AND NOW LOSS OF POWER

2003 Dodge Durango

2003 Dodge Durango V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

The check gauges light came on a few days ago after changing a headlight on my Durango. At first I thought maybe it was a error, but today the vehicle lost power for a few minutes after it sat running at the post office for about 5 minutes. When it lost power the engine would make a roaring noise, but the vehicle wouldn't accelerate above 5-10 mph. I stipped, put it in park, and then back into drive- still no power. I shut it off, restarted, still no power, so I reversed (did that fine) and turned around to limp home. Shortly after it ran fine again. I should also mention that since the check gauges light came on I think I've notice a slight smell when I use the heater, I think it smells like coolant (but I could be crazy). The gauges have all been reading fine.
Jessm1978

Is there a check engine light on? If so, lets bring it to autozone and get a free scan. Let me know what the codes are so I can look them up. It sounds like, it may be a simple poblem, like a vehicle speed sensor or, low fluid. But I could be wrong, a vehicle scan will help us pinpoint the issue

Legitimate007