REAR BRAKE GROWL

2001 Dodge Durango

Brakes problem
2001 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 92,000 miles

Our 2001 Dodge Durango has developed a growling noise in the right rear brake. All the brakes have been replaced, including: rear shoes, wheel cylinders and springs. Front brakes have also been replaced including: rotors, pads and calipers. The noise started about a year ago, and I can not find anything that should be causing the noise. It does not do it all the time, but seems to be worse the more it is driven. There is no noise when the vehicle is being driven down the road, only when the brakes are applied, and usually only when applied hard. Axle bearings seem to fine. It also feels as though the wheel is grabbing, although there is no grease or brake fluid on the linings. I once had the ABS light come on for a split second while driving, but have not noticed it since.
Wleising

Hi there,

have a good look on the inside of the drum for any odd wear marks that would indicate something touching, also check that the lip of the drum is not touching a bent backing plate, start here.

Mhpautos