LEAKING FLUID INSIDE ON PASSANGER SIDE

Dodge Dakota

2001 dodge dakota 113000 miles, manual transmission, smallest base model engine.

2 weeks ago I noticed my passenger floorboard was damp. Last sunday had standing " water" and awful smell what on earth could be causing this and how do I get it to stop!
Nefret1880

If you have been using your a/c it could be that the drain on the firewall is pluged up and the unit is draining inside the car. It could also be a heater core problem. Does it smell or look like anti-freeze?

Cly

Cly
It is not a sweet smell at all, I have 3 air fresheners in the truck. Yes I have been using the air conditioner.

Nefret1880
Make sure and check that a/c drain. You should see it sticking out of the firewall in the engine compartment on the passanger side. Stick a small screwdriver in the hole to try and unblock whatever is in there(probably leaves)
Try not to put the screwdriver in very far you dont want to puncture anything. After awhile the water from the a/c drian will have a very bad musty moldy smell.

Cly

Cly