BLOWER MOTOR

1993 Dodge Dakota

Heater problem
1993 Dodge Dakota 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

the blower motor stoped working and started back for a while and stoped again I replaced the control in the dash it still does not work is there a relay to check or how do I check to see if it is the blower motor with out taking the whole das apart
T.gidley

Some times the connector, on the back of the blower switch, or on the resistor corrodes and burns, the circuit is on the high side using a 30 amp fuse, a lot of current. The resistor is how it gets the different speeds. However, in high speed, the switch bypasses the blower motor resistor, the next part to check after the switch. However, if it cuts out in high speed also, it is not that, but they fail quite often. Find the resistor is not always fun. Try under the hood, or behind the glove box. It is usually under the hood on the right side on the upper firewall or in under the cowl. In 87 I know it was inside, on the right, the harness runs on top of the whole heater box, a small wiring plug goes to the motor and it continues to the resistor. It has a bigger 5 wire plug and looks like springs on a 2 inch by 4 incg block.
Ok JOE

Ch112063
The blower motor just stoped working it doesent work in ant speed I replace the switch in the dash and it still dont work could it be the blower motor the blower motor relay I saw what looks like a circuit board mounted in the fire wall with a five wire plug in it it looks like it goes through the fire wall could that be it

T.gidley
Yes, if it has two screws and a 5 or 4 wire connector yes. If the switch has no speeds there is a 30 amp fuse also, it chould be checked first, you found it. In high only that is usually bypasses by the switch. The motor is inside, in high speed, the motor should still work, so the motor may also have a problem. Ok Joe

Ch112063