DISTRIBUTOR CAP PLUG WIRE ORIENTATION

1965 Dodge Coronet

1965 Dodge Coronet V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 75,000 miles

Which terminal on my 318's distributor cap would be considered number 1. I believe it's to the 1st one to the left of the vacuum canister (based on the distributor turning clockwise). I'm not sure but I believe I'm one before that, making it 2 befire the canister. I've heard a lot of people say that this doesn't make a difference but I believe it does in regards to where my timing would be significantly off. The car runs, but seems quite " flat" under acceleration.

Thanks!
Jzxpk2

#1 is at the very front of the cap, 2 positions from the clipon the right side of the engine. In otherwords at the 12: 00 position. It fires clockwise 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2. You might check to see if your timing chain is bad. Bring the engine up to #1 at balancer and match with cap. Also if you have low compression on all cylinders that is good indication as well.