TURN SIGNALS AND BRAKE LIGHT WIRING FOR

1973 Dodge Charger

I have a 1973 dodge charger project car. I am re-doing all of the wiring without some of the old wires or harnesses. I have figured out almost everything except how to make the rear turn signals and brake lights (same set of bulbs) work simultaneously. Is there some reley other than the flasher fuse that I have to run the wires through? [/B]
Jake lasch

First Off I am not an expert. I did rebuild my 1973 Dodge wiring harnesses before. There are two turn signal blinker units under the dash, not one. One for the emergency flashers and one for the turn signals. Make sure that the ground wires by both rear reflector lights (in the trunk) are grounded. Replace all of the fuses that are labeled lights. Some of the lights are wired together as back ups. Then check your wiring harness connector on the left side of the trunk where the rear harness plugs in. If that does not fix it then pull out the headlight switch and inspect it. Mine had a burned connector and when I replaced the switch voila.

Moparneone