P0730

2006 Dodge Charger

2006 Dodge Charger V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 14500 miles

I get this message code on my scanner. It tells me there is an " Incorrect Gear Ratio". What should be done to clear this problem? Thanks
Al441152

Itis either an internal problem or the TCM (trans control module) remove th epan and be suure there is no metal and the filter isnt plugged. If ok, check all connectors at the TCM for corrosion or pin push out. Personally I would take it back under warranty, this could get expensive real fast. Any other strange problems? ABS? Trans ever slip? Shift strange? Could be a bad sensor in the trans as well

Jack42
The check engine error code is P0730. Well it does not feel like it slips bad but maybe a very slight and quick slip. The ABS are correct. Also I feel the shifts sometimes go very high on RPMs before it changes without slamming on the gas. By the way yesterday in the evening the check engine code turned off. Does this means the computer corrected the problem by itself? Should I still take the car to the dealer for warranty check on the transmission?

Al441152
That just means that the PCM doesnt see the problem right now.I would definitly take it in, if nothing else to document a previous problem with the trans. If it has shifted erratic ever, that means there is something wrong.

Jack42