GRAND SE 3.3 LITRE

2002 Dodge Caravan

I'm getting a wine-ing sound when I excel, first thing I thought it was the Transmission. I took it to AAMCO and was told the it was not the Transmission. I then took it to a local total car care center and was told it was the trans. What puzzles me is the sound is audible when driving, in nuetral and in park. AAMCO told me it sounds like it's coming from pully area where the belt is. If it's not the Transmission what could it be?
Qqkltb

My guess would be the serpentine belt, it's tensioner pulley, or one of the other belt driven accessories (alternator, power steering pump, etc). Remove the belt and run the engine very briefly. No whine means you are on the right track. Spin the pulleys by hand and feel/listen for roughness/whine.

Keep all fingers attached. : Twisted:

Peppermrj
You are right on the money! I took it to the shop and it turned out to be the power steering pump. Thanks again for the reply

Qqkltb
Cool! Thanxs for the update. : D

Peppermrj