GRANDCARAVAN ROUGH IDLE NO POWER

1997 Dodge Caravan

Hello, I have a 97 dodge that is running really rough at idle and when you step on the gas it sputters and finally engages(no power) then runs ok at constant speeds then when you stop or accelerate same thing. The rpms go up and down till it almost dies it doesn't but comes close. When you turn the ac on it amplifies it all the van almost shakes its so rough. My wife is scared to drive it because sometimes you just got to go and my van doesn't. Is it getting gas? Help please tell me how to fix and where problem is located pretend your talking to a kid don't know to much about modern motors thank you
Jjoker023

Even though it is getting fuel it could still be a fuel filter. There was a recall about the fuel rail leaking which means it would suck air when you hit the gas. I think the recall include your modle also. Just call a dealership and ask. Even call a parts store and ask about the problem your having.

Vandragon