1997 Dodge Caravan

I will be doing a tune up on a friends 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan with the 3.3L engine. Most likely it will need plugs and wires. Are there any surprises that I will run into when trying to get at the plugs? Is there anything else that I should look at while doing this tune-up?

If you don't intend to check engine compressions, the tune-up is useless. There's a lot more involved in todays tune-up then just plugs and wires.

The back 3 plugs are a bit of a challenge, but take your time. I would also replace the fuel filter. There is a fuel filter that fits the long wheel base and a different one for the short wheel base. So you need to find that out. The air filter is a small project and that should definitly be looked at/changed. The air filters on these are often neglected. May want to consider the pcv valve.

Another part of any tune up I do is a carbon removal procedure. Follow the direction on the can:

and clean the throttle plates, Use a plitic britle brush for this...a bottle washing brush works well.