INSTRUMENT CLUSTER AND TRANSMISSION

1997 Dodge Caravan

1997 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 217500 miles

Instrument cluster just quit, no lights, no nothing. Also, before this happen. Transmission goes into Reverse, First and second just fine, But will not go into 3rd or 4th, In fact when you get to the time it should change into 3rd, it tries and then its like its in neuteul, you cost down and then its back in 2nd gear. Sensor, solenoid or tranny? Thanks
AngelRock

Instrument cluster need to be removed and replaced or repaired
most common failure is at the connector between board and pins

and it need to be re solder

as for tranny issues have to check for codes 1st

BMRFIXIT
First Transmission code was P0700, Cleared and drove. Now have P0733, Question is, how can a DIY verifiy between the Input or output sensor, the Solenid pack, Torgue converter, Vehicle speed sensor or the TCM. Just part swaping can get expensive, And show me that you will come through with your help and I'll give you my word, not only will I donate but will become a regular. Thanks

AngelRock
P0733 has two
possibilities
1-internal tranny failure ,3rd gear is slipping and need to be removed and rebuilt
2- faulty tranny solenoids pack

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_chry_4.jpg

BMRFIXIT