OIL BURNING

1995 Dodge Caravan

1995 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 165000 miles

while driveing my engine starts to burn oil like in a sutton burst. I think its my oil pump!
Rvpainting

No it is not your oil pump it can not do that it is there to pump oil through the engine. If it was bad you would have lots of engine knocking and such. With that said I would pull the plugs and see if any have oil on them and I would do a compression test too. Which V6 is in it 3.0, 3.3, or 3.8ltr? What color is the smoke? Get back to me with what you find and we will go from there.

Racefan966
The burning oil is lite blue not black, and the van rans grate.

Rvpainting

Rvpainting
Ok blue smoke is infact oil burning. So this comes from one of two main reasons. Either valve guides or valve guide seals or oil rings on the pistons. An oil pump will not cause this sorry it just can't. So I would pull plugs and see which one or more look to have oil on them and do a compression test to determine how tired the engine it. Let me know how it goes. Thanks

Racefan966