RUNS STRONG THEN JUST DIES

1986 Dodge Aries

1986 Dodge Aries 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I have an 86 dodge aries that runs real strong then just dies. It started intermitenly. I can drive it for 2 days and not have a problem but then on day 3 get 5 miles down the road and it'll just die. Wait 20 min and it'll start and run fine for another 10- 20 min. The problem is becoming more frequent. I've gave it a tune up(plugs wires distributer cap etc) but it still does it
Tinner_2420

On a 86 the 2.2L 4 cylinder had distributor pick-up plate and map sensor problems. If you take the distributor cap and rotor off, you'll see the pick-up plate. This was checked by grabbing its wire and moving it around. The running engine would stall out. That may be it, especially after the cap was just off. There is a small round plate that moves through this pick-up plate, it was also a problem because it loosens up. These are inside the distributor.

Ch112063