COOLANT LEAKS

2001 Chevrolet Impala • 180,000 miles

To start my car wsa overheating, I noticed it was leaking antifreeze by the radiator. The car was running great at this point. So I changed the thermostat and the cracked radiator. I start the car and my waterpump starts leaking, so I changed that. My car became hard to start and when it did it was smoking for a while and then stopped smoking. I turned my heater on then off and the car shut off. It was getting pressure in the hose going to the thermostat so I bled it now there is a leak coming somewhere by the firewall that I cant see. I dont know what to do now.
Jakeneto

Do you think it might be a heater hose leaking? Maybe a gasket? You just need to find the leak and fix it.

I understand that I cant lift the car enough to see from the bottom and to look from the top I have to rip it apart

Jakeneto
Well, I can't see much from here, maybe your best bet is to take it to a shop? Sometimes leaks can be hard to track?

So since none of this happened until I changed my radiator and t stat. I may have recieved a defective t stat and never opened, buildt the pressure up and blew the other parts out

'water pump, heater core" now I took out the t stat ran it like that and pressure goes through the line with not any irregular pressure only the leak from the heater core

Jakeneto
Was it overheating without the thermostat? Does the radiator fan work?