EXHAUST

Chrysler Van

Re my 86/ turbo LeBaron blowing steam and loosing coolant. Read your advice re. Loosing coolant and replacing head gasket. I had hoped systems well enough advanced coolant could never enter engine heads. I guess wrong! Could blowing steam and dropping coolant only mean it is entering engine? No other way? Like nothing faulty with Thermostat?
If coolant entered engine, does quick repair (i.E. No rust settling onto pistons) with head gasket replacement suffice?
Thank you so very very much. Omnibol
I live on an Island and want to know what to buy before senseless ordering.
P.S: What is BBCode?
Omnibol

I would have the head pressure tested for leaks before reinstalling it. Those turbo chryslers cracked heads

Jack42
[quote=" 2carprojack" ]I would have the head pressure tested for leaks before reinstalling it. Those turbo chryslers cracked heads[/quote]

Yeah, but that takes a heck of a lot more effort and $$ (in case not necessary) I tried my thermostat in the boiling water trick. It did open, but only at the boiling point. I wonder if it should open earlier. I'll call the parts guys in town tomorrow.
If the head did crack, God forbid, WHY? Must be a lot costlier and maybe not worth the effort.
JS

Omnibol