T & C RACK AND PINION

Chrysler Van

I have a 2002 Chrysler T & C minivan, 71,000 miles. I had a power steering leak, thought I had it fixed but ended up with a lot of grinding noises. I took it to my local mechanic and he changed the rack and pinion. It quickly developed grinding noises. The noises happended whenever I turned right. He changed the rack and pinion again (no charge). Now I am hearing and feeling grinding noises when I turn right or left at low speed (such as when I turn the corner in city driving). I don't feel anything at higher speeds. Since this is the second rack and pinion, should I consider other problems?
Plytwyn

Did you check the power steering fluid level?

Lsussel
Yes, the level was checked and the air was burped. Could there still be air trapped inside?

Plytwyn
Yes, trapped air is possible. I'm guessing the level checked was good?

Lsussel
Yes, level was good. Could there be any other mechanical problems that could cause me to think the problem is rack and pinion?

Plytwyn
Check and see if your brakes and tires are good. Also make sure to ask your mechnic to look and see if the tie rod is bent. And let me know what you come up with, those 3 things could be just about the only other thing wrong with it.

Let me know,
lee

Lsussel