WATER DAMAGE

2001 Chrysler Town and Country

2001 Chrysler Town and Country 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

We drove our van through a 1 foot patch of water during a flash flood in Milwaukee. It instantly stopped and we have been unable to restart it. The electrical power is on (ie: interior lights, etc) There is not the initial " click, click, click" when it is turned over. Do you have any advice on what to check first or should we have it taken into our mechanic.

I have heard that removing the districutor cap and using a hair dryer may help; but, am unable to find a diagram to show me exactly where this is located. I have also wondered if the sparkplugs need to be dried off
Thank you for your kind assistance.
Foreal

First, you don't have a distributor in this vehicle. Second, the plugs wouldn't have gotten wet inside the engine unless the air intake was below water. I have a couple questions. First, does the starter work at all? Second, how deep was the water? Was it 1 foot deep?