WHEN COMING TO A STOP

1996 Chrysler New Yorker

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1996 Chrysler New Yorker 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 97000 miles

I recently had an oil change on my car, and had my air filter replaced at the same time. Since then, when I apply the brake for an extended period of time, the steering wheel will start to shake a little, and if I do not begin to accelerate again soon enough the engine will sputter out. I'm able to throw it back in park and start it right back up. In an attempt to remedy the problem, I changed the topmost brake line vacuum hose because it was visibly deteriorated. About 14 months ago, I was having essentially this same problem, so I had my EGR valve replaced and the problem went away up until recently.
Fegley.steve

Oh, and also my roommates seem to think that my car might have a leak somewhere because of a stain in the driveway, but that evidence is rather inconclusive as I don't see it when I park in the street, and I've only parked in the driveway twice. As opposed to my roommate's friend who parks in the driveway every night she's here (3+ nights a week)

Fegley.steve
Look around the air box and filter area to see if they knocked a hose off when changing the air fiilter. If a vacuum line is off it can cause what you describe. Also listen for a sucking sound when the engine is idling, this is a sign of a vacuum leak as well

Jack42
Thanks, I'll try to get to this on Thursday if I can and see if that's the case. I don't suppose you'd happen to know where the air filter is on that particular model, do you? I'm pretty car-illiterate.

Fegley.steve
My software dosnt have any pics of that. There should be a black plastic box with a big hose going to the engine. The air filter will be in that box.

Jack42