ALARM DOORLOCK

1993 Chrysler New Yorker

1993 Chrysler New Yorker 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

I have two(2) questions: my keys are locked inside and the battery is disconnected because I was trying to figure out why the alarm was sounding but the car was not starting.

Question #1: Can I get in the car without smashing a window?

Question #2 How do I get the car to start?
Galarmed

Hello. Thanks for the donation. Much appreciated

You will have to get a long metal hook and pull the inside drivers door handle to open the door ! Your easiest option is AAA they will have done this before !

DESCRIPTION & OPERATION
All doors can be locked or unlocked electrically using the switch on the front door panel or arm rest. All doors can also be locked or unlocked using the door locking knob. Front doors can be locked or unlocked from outside using the vehicle key.

******** Driver's door can be unlocked from inside using the door handle. Passenger door on most models can also be unlocked from inside using the door handle.********

The power door lock inhibit system prevents power door lock operation when the key is in the ignition switch and any door is open, or when the key is in the ignition and the headlights are on. Some models use a remote keyless entry system in addition to power door locks. Refer to REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY article in the ENGINE PERFORMANCE section.
All models except Acclaim, Laser, Shadow, Spirit, Sundance and Talon are equipped with an automatic door lock function that is actuated through the Body Control Computer. When this system is activated the door locks will operate automatically. If system is disabled, locks will work through the door lock switches only. The body controller controls power door locks when door lock switch is activated. The controller will automatically lock the doors when all doors are closed, vehicle speed exceeds 15 MPH and the throttle position sensor tip-in is greater than 8-12 degrees. The controller will automatically relock the doors if same conditions are met and any of the doors become ajar. The controller does not operate the door unlock function. Unlock switch is wired directly to the door lock switches.
Concorde, Intrepid and Vision models also us a child protection lock on the rear doors. This disables the rear door inside handle when door is closed.

DESCRIPTION & OPERATION
Vehicles equipped with Vehicle Theft Security System (VTSS) have 2 types of protection: entire vehicle theft protection and vehicle entry protection. VTSS will reset after being triggered and system has timed out for 18 minutes. VTSS is equipped with a tamper alert signal; when occupant enters vehicle by unlocking door with key or Remote Keyless Entry (RKE), the horn will sound 3 times, notifying owner VTSS has been triggered (vehicle has been tampered with). VTSS can be triggered from several areas: hood, doors, trunk and ignition switch.
When alarm is triggered, horn will sound for 3 minutes and parking lamps will flash for 15-18 minutes. VTSS has a panel SET lamp. SET lamp flashes for 15 seconds during arming process. VTSS is armed by locking doors using power lock button or RKE. VTSS is disarmed through normal vehicle entry of unlocking door with key or RKE. Whenever battery power is lost or disconnected, VTSS will prevent vehicle from starting. When battery power is restored, system must be disarmed before vehicle will start.

Dave H