CAR DOES NOT START UP EVERYTIME

2001 Chrysler Neon

2001 Chrysler Neon 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 89,000 miles

sometimes the car starts perfect and every 4th or 5th time it wont start. When key turned on it sounds like pinking and chugging but dies out.I leave it for a few minutes and try again. Sometimes takes 20 times of trying and it starts brilliantly right off the bat again. Staying running once started and does not stall out at all.I have been stuck many times. Taken to garage but they dont know what it is. Say they have to have it not start for them. Took over August 21 and they say it started for them over 30 times. Cant rely on this what can I do. Thank you HELP
Lyn trotter

When you have your vehicle in your yard and you cannot start it the first couple of times, you need to check for fuel and spark, this is why the mechanics needed it not to start for them, now the measure fuel and spark and see which is the culprit and they then can go in that direction. I have some links that will show you how to do this on your own.

Legitimate007
http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/how_to_check_fuel_pressure.htm

Legitimate007
I think you may have a fuel problem but you need to test it. Could be something as simple as a fuel filter or fuel pump relay, or something like a complete fuel pump replacement.

Legitimate007