CAR TAKE LONG TO HEAT UP AFTER REPLACING

1997 Chrysler LHS

Engine Cooling problem
1997 Chrysler LHS 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

My radaitor all of a sudden started leaking losing coolant excessively. I dove the car for 12 miles to the house and only inicated overheating the last 2 miles. I let the car sit overnight and tried to stat it and no problem.

I replaced the radiator with a new one and also replaced the thermostat. After that I could not start the car for 3 days. Apparently to much gas in the cylinders. Eventually able to start it after a friend who is a mechanic advised to remove all the spark plugs and turn the engine as if to start it. Was able to start it there after after having to pump the gas pedal hard.

Engine sound as normal as before but I continue to see excessive smoke like it does when called but this time is more excessive. I have driven it over 25 miles so far. It smells as if it's gas.

Also the temperature gauge barely get's half way. Looks like it stays cold. The upper hose on the radiator feels hot. Still drives well. The heat in the car is not very warm. It got really warm initially the first time I managed to start the car.

What should I look at at. On the heat inside the car, I am concerned. It's really called in the East Cost. Temperatures in in the 30's and 40's. The fact that the temperature barely hits half-way gauge is concerning me. Or it's nothing to worry about?

Right now not in position to donate until Friday
Ibmufa69

Explaining this sounds like you lost coolant from a bad leak, could have been from an overheating condition, it raises pressure, or the pressure came from engine trouble, as if there is an internal leak, causing coolant to flood into the engine through a cracked block, head, or just the head gasket, you need to just repair one at a time, I know you need to drive it, but I would try not to, everytime you drive it, it only gets worse with this type of problem, the cooling system operating normally is very important for the fuel delivery system, so the coolant sensor must read correctly for the engine to drive ok. This leak can take out plugs, exhaust systems, flood the cylinders and cause real bad damage, have you ever done any engine repair on it, 3.3 or 3.5L?

Ch112063