HAZARD LIGHTS COME ON AUTOMATICALLY WHEN

1996 Chrysler LHS

1996 Chrysler LHS 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 106000 miles

Yesterday, I turned my car off and locked my car with the factory installed remote. About an hour later the hazard lights came on. I wasn't aware of this until my neighbor told me which by the time I got to my car they were still blinking but had drained my battery. When I went to jump it wouldn't turn over, but when I would take the key out there would be this clicking sound. I ended up keeping the key in accessory mode all night and this morning when I removed the key the clicking had stopped. Any ideas?
Mhanrahan711

The clicking is various relays being activated by computers that are confused by low voltage. That will stop when the battery is recharged.

It is somewhat common for the plastic push button to warp on the hazard light switches that sit on top of the steering column behind the steering wheel. The warpage allows the latch to let go and allow the spring-loaded button to pop on. The fix is to replace the multi-function switch.