CHRYSLER IMPERIAL GAS PROBLEM

1991 Chrysler Imperial

1991 Chrysler Imperial Two Wheel Drive Automatic

The car hadn't been used in a year or so. After driving it for about 45 minutes to an hour I felt a click or sort of jolt with some minor shaking towards the front bottom of the car. Before this when I would press the gas and let go the car would cruise for a while and slow down slowly. After this I had to press hard on the gas constantly and when I remove my foot from the gas the car slows to a stop almost instantly. What caused this?
-Dani
Romangirl0374

You either have an axle problem or something has gone wrong in the transmission. Take it to a trans shop. Letthem look at it.

I'd suspect a sticking brake caliper. Stop on a slight incline, put the car in neutral, release the brake pedal, and see if the car creeps ahead due to gravity. I'll bet it doesn't.

Due to their low cost, it's best to replace both calipers at the same time for even braking.