HEAT NOT WORKING

2002 Chrysler Grand Voyager

Heater problem
2002 Chrysler Grand Voyager 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 99,000 miles

The heat in my car will not blow out full force, even when the fan is on high, also it blows cold air when I am idling.
Bekka1

Start by checking the coolant level. Make sure it is at almost " FULL" level. Also condition/quality of the coolant. It should be at 50/50 mix coolant/water, if you have too much water, it will not give your the heat that you want.

Check your thermostat to make sure that it is not stuck open.

Back to the quality of your coolant. If it has not been serviced properly and/or at the specified interval, sludge may build up in the heater lines causing restriction into the heater core. So at idle (low pressure), the sludge may prevent the warm coolant from entering the heater core.

Zackman
Like Zackman said the no heat at idle sounds like coolant is low. The blower not blowing full force could be a couple of things first off is the blower motor blowing on all speeds? If not could be blower motor resistor. If it is blowing on all speeds your recirculation door is broken inside heat box. This would require a professional Mechanic to repair it is a big difficult job. Not something average person could do.

Transman1