STARTING CAR

2001 Chrysler Concorde

2001 Chrysler Concorde 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

Can you tell me if this sounds like I need a new starter? Yesterday car was fine, started right up no problem. Today I go to start and it turns over (sounds a little whiney, like a small honda) but will not fire. A friend came over and tapped on the starter with his fist and the car started right up. I shut it off twice and it started right up. Went to work 8-hours came home started right up. However when I rev the enging it sputters like im stepping on the gas and off and on and off, when I'm really holding my foot down. Does that sound like a fuel pump or the starter? Maybe electrical?
Derise01

A friend came over and tapped on the starter with his fist and the car started right up. If there's no problem cranking the engine at all try checking the fuel pressure and comeback with the readings-

Do you have a check engine light or has flashed? When was the last major tune-up? Its been 7yrs ago

Well the last major tune up was 2 years ago. I'm sure it is over due for that! But I did not get a check engine light or flashes or anything. I had another friend look at it and he said the part that the first friend banged on was something like the throttle control housing? But might have been just a coincidence. The car starts right up every time now, so he thought maybe I need a tune up and possibly a fuel filter, like I'm loosing pressure in my fuel injected system because it's definately not the starter but that its not getting a spark at first. When I turn the key on half way and let the fuel pump run for a sec, it starts right up.

Derise01
Lets get it tune-up and comeback when it continues along with the fuel pressure readings.

Thats what Im thinking too! That will be next week end, I'll let you know if I have anymore questions. Thanks!

Derise01