CHRYSLER CIRRUS ENGINE PROBLEM

1996 Chrysler Cirrus

1996 Chrysler Cirrus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My chrysler seems unfixable. I replaced a distributor and it ran fine for a week, and then I went to start it up one day and it would want to die if you tried to accelarate to quickly, and it gets really bad between 40 and 50 mph but is fine once you get to speed and just cruise. I got codes for a check engine light and replaced the tp sensor, still ran awful. I tried a intake gasket and nothing. I just drove it for a while and then it broke down, and I found the timing belt went bad. I had to replace the water pump (pulley locked up), tensioner and idler (fell out when I pulled off the cover, and of course the belt. It still runs bad and I cant afford to pay any more money for it. The check engine light now reads and cylinder 5 and 1 misfire, and a coolant temp sensor. I dont want to replace plugs and wires and it still not be fixed, so if any of you could help it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Jason9985

So 1 and 5 are reading misfire. And you've replaced the belt for the camshaft and pulleys. Have you checked these plugs, they may not be firing, for another problem such as a coil, or fuel pressure problem, if you've never had the coolant sensor disconnected it should not be reading a fault. If the two plugs, and or two injectors are misfiring, or not firing at all, they are driven by the coil wires, computer, I would test the fuel pressure(55psi) and read exactly what the engine computer is reading. A bad coolant sensor is a bad code. Ok

Ch112063