HEADLIGHTS GO OFF

Chrysler 5th Avenue

I have a '93 Chrysler 5th Ave. 3.8 litre. About 173, 00 miles. The headlights will go off by themselves. It doesn't seem to matter if I use the headlight switch or the " automatic on" feature. I think it might be a relay behind the glove compartment. If I am using the switch, I can turn it off and on and they will come back on. I hear what sounds like the contacts on a relay shorting. All the other lights stay on. If I pull the dimmer back, the lights will come on after a short time. It doesn't seem to be the switch or the dimmer switch. I found a relay block that has 4 of the same kind of relays and one that is different. I could take the cover off of the one that is different and it looks fine. Any ideas and why are there 4 relays?
David65990

Well, after a process of elimination, it turned out to be the headlight switch. Had to get one for a '92 model though ($16.99), A-zone, didn't list mine under '93, plugged it in and everything is working so far. Thanks anyway.

David65990