HARMONIC BALANCER

1999 Chrysler 300

1999 Chrysler 300 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 106000 miles

I would like to know if I should or if it's safe to heat the harmonic balancer in order to pull it off with tool. It seems it is too stuck to do this any other way.
Icy360

Hi icy360, Welcome to 2carpros an TY for the donation

Its not a good idea bcuz of the rubber seal in between-you can try WD-40 and blow torch lil at a time while you pry from back of the pulley-if it gets stubborn do what it takes to pull it out and get one from the local yard

Alright. That is what I was trying to find out. I got it off with some spray greese and a bit of prying. Didn't need heat. Thank You for you're help.

Icy360
If I may. those take a special 3 jaw puller and rod that goes inside the nose of the crankshaft.Without the correct puller you are trying to pull against teh pulley itself and it wont come off.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/1639_otc6284_1.gif

Jack42
I've tried to find the tool that places the Hamonic Balancer back on correctly. It seems that the harmonic balancer installation kit at stores does not install for my car I've tried it and they don't have an alternative. I had to buy a new harmonic balancer because the old one was bent or something was wrong with it. The new one went on fine, and is working correctly. Yes the puller is what you need too, and is a tool I used.

Icy360
Thanks for that info. And glad you got it fixed.

Bluelightnin6