NEUTRAL SAFTEY SWITCH

Chevrolet Venture

Make: Chevy
Model: Venture
Year: 2000
Milage: 227000
Engine size: 3.4L V6

How do I change Neutral saftey switch on this vehicle and where is it located?
Inspector gajic

[quote=" inspector gajic" ]Make: Chevy
Model: Venture
Year: 2000
Milage: 227000
Engine size: 3.4L V6

How do I change Neutral saftey switch on this vehicle and where is it located?[/Quot

most common place for it is on the tranny wher e the shifter cable conect look for a switch under it

good luck
let us know

BMRFIXIT
Hey I am having trouble with my van, it will not go into gear at all, the shifter just moves up and down with little resistance. What does this Nuetral switch do? Could that be my problem?

Allenvan
Neutral safety switch is to prevent starting will selector in gear
it will start only in park or neutral
you need to check the shifter level and shifter cable

BMRFIXIT
Thank you so much, the shifter cable has come off of the trans shifter arm, the problem is the little boot that connects the two of them, it seems like just allittle round piece of rubber, and some of it was on the ground, and the other is up in the cup connector. Now my question is, can I just replace that little boot piece inside there, or do I need to change the whole cable?
YOu have been a great help, thank you again, if you think I can just change the boot, where would I go to get one. Have been online looking with no luck.

AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Allenvan
Check with your local Chevy dealer they should be able to help

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_venture_1.jpg

BMRFIXIT