CHEVOLET (7 PASSENGER) AROUND 112,000 MILEAGE

2000 Chevrolet Venture

I have a Chevy venture 2000. Just today my engine light came on and the car started jerking when I step on the gas and a low grinding sound started after that. I don't know what was wrong and I don't want to take it to any mechanic without knowing how much it may really cost me to have them repair. What do you think is wrong with my car and can you give me an idea how much it may cost? Also want to find an honest mechanic in my area (North York canada/Ontario-Jane& Finch)
Darren_24

Really hard to say, without getting the codes. Even with the codes it may be hard over the net. What I do know is the 3.4 motors are common for INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET LEAKS. CHECK THE CONDITION AND LEVEL OF BOTH THE COOLANT AND OIL. Sorry didn't mean to yell.

Darren, I had same problem. Replaced crankshaft position sensor 7x signal sensor at side of block. But I had no noise as you did, just jerking.

Pbrncik